Monday, March 23, 2009

Coupon Tips

This is an email that I sent to a friend a couple of weeks ago:

First, I get my coupons from several places. The Sunday paper, Internet sites like coupons.com, and I just recently found a new site called thecouponclippers.com that you can buy multiples of the specific coupons that you want for just cents. They don't gouge you on shipping, my last order was only .42 to ship with a small handling fee.

If the coupons are particularly good one week, you may want to consider buying multiple papers.

Also, try to get a paper from the nearest "big" city. Those paper seem to have better coupons than the smaller market papers.

Get your coupons organized. I used to use the binder method, but a few months ago I went to a wire mesh file box I found at Target. I bought index cards for dividers and tabs to separate the categories. I will take a pictures of it and send it to you.

One of the hugest ways I find out about deals out there is to follow different money saving blogs on my Google Reader. Are you familiar with the Google Reader? It is wonderful. I used to just keep all the blogs I liked in my favorite places. It got so time consuming to keep checking them to see if there were any updates. This "houses" all the blogs I like and then when I go to my Google reader, it shows me all the new entries.

As far as stores go, I will say that I think Kmart is a waste of time. UNLESS they have the double coupon days. Then it is worth my time. Any other time, I don't bother. Their prices are just way too high.

http://www.becentsable.net/2008/08/becentsables-original-grocery-gathering.html

This website is great for finding blogs detailing specific stores deals.



Walmart is good because they price match. Here is an example that I had. One local store that I frequent doesn't take Internet coupons, but WM does. I took my ad from the local ad and my Internet coupon and WM matched the price and I got the money off from my coupon.


Hope this helps some. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask. This is one of my favorite subjects!

No comments: