Friday, January 29, 2010

My February Project

Most of you know that I do a lot of couponing and a lot of stockpiling.  Some of the blogs that I read had a challenge for the month of January called "Eat from the Pantry".  Basically, you allow yourself a certain dollar amount for dairy, produce, etc, but you plan and eat all of your meals for the month from your pantry.

I have decided, that for the month of February, the Fields family is having their own "Eat from the Pantry" challenge.  My pantry and freezer are overflowing to the point that I do not have anymore room.  This includes the shelves in the basement.

So, tomorrow I will be taking inventory on everything we have and planning around it.  I have set a $40 a week limit on my spending at the grocery store.  I will be getting cash and using that and when it is gone, it is gone.

This project will accomplish a few different things.  First, it will force me to be creative in my menu planning.  Second, it will clean out a lot of space in my cabinets and freezer.  Third, it will save us even more money.

I will be documenting our daily meals with commentary from my family (always entertaining, huh?).

Anyone else up for this challenge with me?

No comments: