Thursday, October 7, 2010

Paula Deen #3

Tomato Pie


Ingredients

  • tomatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 1 (9-inch) prebaked deep dish pie shell
  • 1 cup grated mozzarella
  • 1 cup grated cheddar
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in 1 layer. Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes.
Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
To serve, cut into slices and serve warm.

Comments:  I made this with Sunday lunch, as a side dish.  I used fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden.  My Mom, Dad and sister really loved it.  It had a nice flavor, my only complaint was it was REALLY juicy and hard to cut and get out of the pie plate.

No comments: