Caramel Apple Cake with Caramel Topping
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups diced apples ( canned or fresh)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Lightly grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking dish; Preheat oven to 350°F Cream together sugar, eggs, and oil; Add flour; mix together until well blended; Add vanilla, nuts, and diced apples.
- Spread into pan; bake for 45 to 60 minutes; Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and pour topping over.
- Topping: Heat all ingredients together over medium heat; Bring to boil, stirring constantly; Let boil for about 2 minutes; Pour over warm cake.