Saturday, May 14, 2011

Grocery Budget

Do you have a grocery budget? I have been doing this for awhile.  We have a lot more money at the end of the day when I shop on a budget!

My grocery budget has been $60 a week for a family of 4.  This week will be more of a challenge as I am hosting Sunday dinner with my family (10 in attendance).  I am going to attempt to do this, shopping at 3-4 different stores, matching up coupon sales and using what I have in the house for my weekly menu.

Menu

Sunday - Farmhouse Chicken Chowder, bread, vegetable and Snickerdoodle cake for dessert
Monday - tacos
Tuesday - Chicken and beans (one skillet dinner)
Wednesday - Stouffers Farmers Harvest Lasagna (got a free coupon in the mail) , bread and salad
Thursday - Eggs and waffles

I would love to hear if you have a budget, how you stick to it and what works for you!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I do have a budget, but I am constantly trying to do better because I would like to get it lower! It sounds like you do great! And I would also like to know how to make Snickerdoodle cake :-)