Monday, April 11, 2011

Mexican Casserole

I think it is funny that you can add taco seasoning to something and it is suddenly consider "Mexican" :)

Mexican Casserole


3-4 oz. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I used 5 chicken thighs and cooked them on the grill first)
4 Tbsp chicken broth or water
2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice)
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 to 1 can corn
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for top of casserole (I used a whole package of Kraft Mexican cheddar cheese which is just noticed is no longer 2 cups, but 1 3/4 cups worth.)

Mix all of the above.  Place in casserole dish and cover with reserved cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted, about 20 to 30 minutes.

Here is the funniest thing about this supper tonight.  We sat down to eat and after a few minutes I though to myself that it was kind of bland.  I said something out loud then and Jimmy also said it was kind of bland.  It suddenly hit me that I FORGOT TO PUT IN THE TACO SEASONING! Thus making this just "casserole".   I completely eliminated the Mexican part!! I threw a little salt on it and it was fine but I have been beating myself up ever since.

No comments: